From Trip Advisor: “Quick weekend getaway!”
I had never been to a B&B before so I’ll admit I was a little skeptical and did not know what to expect. Upon booking the room through hotels.com, I shortly thereafter received an email from one of the Inn keepers (Catherine) who wanted a little more information on our stay. After a few emails back and forth letting her know my girlfriend was lactose intolerant and putting in a special request for some birthday cupcakes, I felt as if we were in good hands. When we arrived we were immediately greeted by John, the other inn keeper, who was very nice. He gave us a tour of the bed and breakfast, and then showed us to our room. After getting settled into our room Catherine delivered the special cupcakes I requested to surprise my girlfriend with. The cupcakes were amazing!
Overall the place was VERY clean, the room was comfortable, and breakfast was fantastic! I honestly don’t have a single complaint about our weekend. John and Catherine were very accommodating and seemed to genuinely care about the guests. I will definitely stay there again in the future.
From Trip Advisor: “Great Winter Getaway”
Took a trip 4 hours south to escape the winter. Well, it was still cold, but the Inn at Old Virginia was a great place to stay and keep warm. We stayed in the William H Harman II room and it was excellent. Breakfast both mornings was excellent and the staff taking care of the Inn were always friendly and helpful. There is a lot to do and see, including many wineries and breweries within easy driving distance. We did get some snow overnight on our last night, but waking up with the gas fireplace and warm comfort of the room made it easier to bear.
From Trip Advisor: “Exceptional Weekend”
Fantastic weekend at this wonderful B&B! One feels right at home from the moment you arrive, greeted by the dynamic duo of Catherine and Kathy (Kathy Gavel is a local employee who manages the gift shop and steps in when Catherine and I have a day off). What a great team! Everything from the personal service, to the room (Asher W. Harman II), to the excellent breakfast was first class. Don’t hesitate, if in the area, to stay at this Bed & Breakfast which defines “B&B”.
From BedandBreakfast.com: “Wonderful stay”
Great room, terrific service. We were lucky to find it and plan to go back!
Comments from the room Guest Surveys:
- Wonderful attentiveness by John and Catherine! Every detail above and beyond.
- John and Catherine are great hosts, pleasant and thoughtful. The room is lovely; breakfast presentation and service are very good. Love, love, love the flavored decaf coffee. (It was a lesser known brand. We suggested she look for it on Amazon. Amazon seems to have everything!)
- Cleanliness, atmosphere and friendliness all great! Thank you!
- Friendly staff, great accommodations.
From the comment book in the foyer:
- 2/11, Alex and Christine: “Wonderful”
- 2/13, Donnie and Karen: “5 stars”
- 2/15, Brian and Emy: “Relaxing, fun visit”
- 2/28, Kim and Tom: “So thoughtful in every way”